View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 03:11 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Whoa...wtf?? I had no idea about this card!!! A search here and I found that thread, I'm on page 2 of 5...that guy is crazy!! I also had no idea the value of this card, I feel kind of stupid to be true. I clearly have spent no time researching the 52 Topps set (I am going to change that ASAP). I assumed in this shape it's worth a couple hundred bucks and knew it was a high #...did that guy really drive up the value to what I am seeing on Ebay?? WTF?

Anyhow, thanks for the tip to search here, entertaining is an understatement. WOW. I see he got banned from here...dude, if your still reading, we are selling...HAHA...

Harliduck@aol.com

**I'll add a story i've told here before, this isn't the first time I've shown my naïve on this set. About a dozen years ago I had about 50 EX 52 Topps cards I got from a guy who opened them new who was a local retired teacher. I got them in the 80s, was never really interested in them other than being 52s. I was putting together a 65 Topps set and figured I'd sell them to fund. I put them in groups of 10, and started the auction at $15 if I remember right. 4 of the 5 lots sold for the $15, I was a little disappointed but the other lot sold for $150ish. I was like wth? All were no name commons to me...I messaged the buyer and just asked him...and he told me he needed the 4 High numbers in the group...I had no idea. I learned a little that day, apparently didn't learn enough...haha.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03

Last edited by Harliduck; 06-14-2021 at 05:49 PM.