View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 10:03 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I hear you and those are good points but I still think MLB has a bigger problem with lame duck owners than it does small markets. George Steinbrenner took over the Yankees at their lowest point in franchise history. He willed them into champions in the 70s and then again in the 90s. I think he would have been that guy regardless of what team he owned. But like I said, if Peter Angelos owned the Yankees instead of the Orioles I'm pretty sure he'd field the same terrible team.
I agree that some owners have been problematic. But I would argue that GM / pres of operations are a bigger problem. Some keep their jobs and they are just atrocious. They tinker too much, draft poorly, sell the farm for a sniff of glory. I can't stand Seattle's GM Jerry Dipoto. He sucked with the Angels and now he sucks with the Mariners. And he has a free hand in Seattle, minimal owner involvement. It just seems he throws spaghetti at the wall to make decisions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo