View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:57 AM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageclout View Post
Hi Leon, its Joe T. and while I agree there may be some 150 to 200 Ruth rookie cards in private collections (give or take), the demand you mentioned will continue to exponentially grow far beyond the supply, whatever that number may be. Until the last several years, the true rookie card of baseball's greatest player ever has always been significantly undervalued, and it was only a matter of time before collectors began paying premium prices for the Babe's inaugural major league baseball card. How many examples are truly out there? 150, 200, 300...whatever. It doesn't really matter because thousands of collectors may eventually seek this card as it continues to gather momentum. Supply vs. demand is the ultimate driver of rising price tags and while not rare, there simply aren't enough Ruth rookie cards to satisfy the collecting community. Just my thoughts.

Best Regards,
Joe
joe t. from nyc is obviously biased here because i KNOW he has 5-6 ruth rookies bought from before this card exploded the last 2 years.

to me it depends on whether the jordan bgs 9.5 would cross to a psa 10, but i probably still wouldn't do it. you can sell all those cards and just wait a ruth out (maybe even a nice 1.5 or 2). i'll put you in touch with a guy. imo a 1 is 15-20k which i still think is overpriced but that's the current price i guess.