View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 03:47 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I haven't watched Avatar 1 in a long time, but I thought there was some scene at the end where Jake Scully's conscience/"soul" was transferred from his body to his avatar so his real body was dead, and he didn't need it anymore.

Right, the main bad guy's son shouldn't have saved him, but he did. I think the reason was that a few minutes before that, his son was being held "hostage" and the computer father could have just killed him, but he did not. Therefore, the son felt he "owed" his father, so felt compelled to save him.... which he will probably regret later. Saying that, this has been a recurring theme is some movies/TV shows, where the child thinks there is still some good left in his evil parent, and that person can still come back to the right side. See Luke and Darth Vader in the "Return of the Jedi." In Avatar's case, I don't think that's happening.

Talking about transferring to a new body in Avatar, I recently watched a TV series on Amazon Prime called "The Peripheral," which I thought was pretty good, although the ending left something to be desired.