View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 05:20 PM
Howard Chasser

Default So sorry for you this is happening..

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalimey View Post
let me go on the record first, I am a big advocate for PSA
and the overall great job they do
but this was slabbed back in the old days
(yes even now they do make mistakes now and then,

this ticket is totally bogus

President 1928-1946 no year ,how can you tell what year just because some one wrote on it and how convenient it was Babe Ruths 500th HR
here are the facts
it has Ticket Price for grandstand as $1.20 , however American League increased Grand Stand ticket prices from $1.10 (10% tax) to $1.20 in in the 1940's (1944 ) this has ( 20% tax)
this ticket Has 20 cent sales tax , however On May 29, 1928 a new Tax Law went into effect and the 10% tax was no Longer added to the Grandstand, Bleacher tickets. so no tax at all, let alone a 20% tax
this ended in 1933 , when it went back 10% tax till 1944
but ignoring those obvious known facts the most glaring error
Ticket Has 49 (home game 49 ) as Played on Aug 11th
when published Home Game schedule for Cleveland in 1929
shows Game 49 according to my count ,as being played on July 18th ( july 4 had two paid admission games so they are allocated two different numbers not even close FYI Aug 11th was Home 57 Game
had it been Game 49 Indians would have only played 65 Home games in 1929

I think owner of this ticket should reach out to PSA to see if they can offer some kind of Resolution

I can only imagine how hard this is to learn about. I hope you get full satisfaction from PSA - what if anything do they guarantee around stuff like this? Please post what resolution PSA comes to. It is one forum (unlike CU) where the truth always comes first.