View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 07:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Doesn't ANYONE collect cards just to have them anymore? Does it have to be all about the money? Does anyone have cards they just like, not sealed up in a block of plastic with the almighty grade and bar code so they can sell their cards based on market strategy? That is no hobby, it is business. I am not that far gone, and I will never become a card speculator. I have enough retirement strategies (U.S. Navy, Florida Retirement System, Social Security). I don't need or want baseball cards to be a nest egg. I took some of my memorabilia and cards and put it into a safe deposit box, in case of theft or hurricane. But that's as far as I go, and I can get into my box whenever. I just collect as frankly I always did, just to have and be happy with, not to worry about how rich I am going to become selling my stuff off.
When we don't have enough money then we need to subsidize our collections and flipping is fun. Not sure why the disdain for flippers? I love flippers and have bought tons of my cards from them. I collect first but do enjoy trying to make a buck flipping. I love the cards so why not? I guess I could go flip cars but they are so big.
This card was on the BST and a friend flipper saw it first and bought it. I paid him a few hundred dollars more for it. I was happy and he was happy. How can that be bad? I do enjoy collecting more but flipping is fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t206matty.jpg (77.6 KB, 341 views)

Last edited by Leon; 11-29-2021 at 02:20 PM.