View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 03:08 PM
Al Richter

John---the 3 PSA recognizes have been in the Standard Catalog for years and my guess is that is why PSA recognized them. But getting more added to the Catalog now is a dead end ( and Lemke at least thought about taking them out himself). If PSA expands the border gap cards they recognize for 1973, should they start recognizing them for all the other sets ? There are bunches of them.

I do not really care and collect them either way, but the path to getting new variations recognized in the hobby today is uncertain, even if there is an argument they qualify as true variations as opposed to recurring print defects. The 52 House discussed in another thread is a good example.

Plus there just is no definition or agreement in the hobby over what constitutes a variation that should be recognized

Since I am an ungraded collector I have no sway with PSA, and most Registry collectors I know are not clamoring for more variations to master or super sets.

Most if not all the gap cards Cliff posted can be found on ebay or COMC right now, and with no premium. Even when a premium is asked, the same card can usually be found without one

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 07-30-2019 at 03:13 PM.