View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 10:49 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I need to get refocused and concentrate on finishing my low number run instead chasing and spending my money on variations and other cards that I don't necessarily need.
I hadn't really bought anything but '52 T since I started going after the set, but that's mostly because I'd already filled most of my general wish list I expected to get anytime soon (rather than ironclad willpower or focus!)

Did pick up something different tonight though....finally got the Mantle. '68 Mantle that is. Always liked the look of the '65 and '68 Micks, so those were a backburner thing for when I happened to bump into something worthwhile. Tonight that happened with a Greg Morris nice low grade '68. One of those bids that you never expected to hold up, and consider it a nice surprise when "pay now" is your next fee-bay bell message

He had a couple more disastrous '68 Mantles up too. For GM stuff, mine would have usually gone for about 70-75 bucks and those beaters for 50-55 each. But tonight, mine went for 52 and the beaters 33 and 46.

Last edited by cardsagain74; 03-18-2020 at 08:33 PM.