View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 07:22 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Yep meant the British Babys.... it was late.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I am guessing you mean The Babys, the British band and not The Babies the NYC band from the mid 2000's.

My The Babys story. In 1977 they had a top 20 hit with "Isn't it Time". One of the rock stations in Boston decided to sponsor a show with Piper and The Babys with tickets for 94¢ (WCOZ 94.5 FM). The show was at the Orpheum, a 2700 seat theatre in downtown Boston. Back then when you got in line to buy tickets you got first shot at the good seats. The first 20 rows had a middle aisle. On the left public sale on the right, radio station giveaways, etc. I was first in line for the sale and got 10 tickets for less than $10 in row 21. They kept all of the seats in first 20 rows for the station to give away. The show was pretty good. Piper was Billy Squier's first big band (2 albums, 2 minor hits). The Babys were good, but they were 5 skinny guys wearing eyeliner. They definitely got some reaction from the non-punk rock crowd. After the show I get up to leave and Roger Taylor from Queen walks right towards me. They were not on tour at the time so I was convinced the man in the black velvet coat with the gold Q on the lapel was someone else. I met Squier years later when he was promoting his acoustic album with bookstore concerts. He told me that Queen was using the Orpheum to rehearse for the "News of the World" Tour and back stage was filled with their equipment.
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.