View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Default Beckett is the most strict and reputable!

Posted By: (www.bestbaseballcards.com)

Again, I agree that beckett really hasn't stole a lot of market share on vintage, but again, neither should anyone, since most "gradeable" cards have already been graded....unless, casings are being broken and resubmitted. I intend to do so to make a point. I am the one with no bias. I am only biased towards beckett because, if the same card is given to PSA, BVG, and GAI, BVG will get the lowest grade.

I will bring up some actual and statistical "VINTAGE EXAMPLES" soon...

You suggest that I am just trying to create some positive publicity for BECKETT. Again, I am a small time collector with no "ties" to anyone, so can comfortably say that any statements I make are unbiased....can you do the same? It appears that some individuals are objective and listening and emailing me in private congratulating me, where there are a few that do not want to "debate" but merely "shut down". One has to wonder what some "influences" are.

I am all for getting everything out on the table in front of us.

Does anyone "deny" that Beckett is the most strict? I am not arguing market share...as I believe dealers have their own objectives ($$$$). Put a BVG 9 1957 Willie Mays (just sold on ebay), next to a GAI 9, and tell me which looks nicest? Or better yet, take a GAI 9 $3000 card and send it to beckett and see what it comes back? I would like to see these similar tests done by some collectors on a moderate scale...not by some "biased dealers".