View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Default Bad dealer warning

Posted By: warshawlaw

I do not like to post stuff like this but occasionally I run into a bad situation and I don't want others to get caught in a similar bind.

I have recently been cheated on a deal by a dealer of boxing cards and memorabilia and I wanted to warn you about him, particularly those of you who are thinking of getting into Old Judge boxing cards (I know there are some of you out there), because he is listing a number of bad items on ebay.

I recently saw this dealer list three OJ boxers with images that looked like they'd been cropped too closely. I asked him if the cards were trimmed, he said two of them were, but he did not list that information in his listings. I then purchased a very rare silk from him based on our prior dealings and his statement that the silk measured 5 x 8, which is correct. When I got it I found that the silk measures 4.5 x 6 and had been trimmed down on all sides. The frame it was in obscured the trim job so I could not spot it in the images I saw and of course the listing made no reference to it. I have since contacted the dealer three times to arrange a refund; he is ducking my communications and not responding. If I do not hear from him shortly, I will be taking legal action against him.

The dealer is Steve Tritle from Pennsylvania and goes by the ebay name "mgboxer". My advice is to stay far, far away from his offerings.