Thread: Mantle Auction
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 06:16 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by patone1313 View Post
I am definitely a newbie and am looking actually to buy a Babe Ruth 1933 Goudey as well and appreciate the forum and everyone’s knowledge. I don’t claim to know much but I know if I am spending 20-30k asking some questions on this forum is a good thing to do. I am not selling this card and or the people selling so that’s why I was asking. I have no shame saying I am new to collecting baseball cards (I did when I was a kid). I collect other items just not cards.

Thanks,
No offensive, Patone, but I hope you can understand what I am saying?
I've seen it time and time again where people, new members, come on board looking for advice to see if the cards they post are real or fakes, and if fake, why?

Numerous times, because most people are nice and want to help, inadvertently, give these new members (scammers/card doctors) all the info they need for them to further improve the looks of their cards so they can make them more real like.
This is one, but again, I don't know if that's the OP's intent, but it just screams fishy to me. Look at all the info, assuming he is a scammer/card doctor, that he has received in just a few short posts.
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1436503

Again, no offense.

Good luck with your quest.

Last edited by irv; 01-26-2021 at 06:17 PM.