View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 01:20 PM

1993 SP is the runaway favorite but I think his 1993 Topps rookie is more iconic, if that makes sense.

Personal favorite is 1993 Stadium Club Murphy.

If your budget is in the 300-500 range I'd go with a PSA 10 1993 Topps rookie with the best centering you can find.

There's also the Topps Marlins and Rockies inaugural sets as well which are a nice little piece of 1993 baseball nostalgia. Same card as the base but with a little gold stamp on the front with the Rockies or Marlins logo on it.

The only one I'd vote against is 1993 Score. It's fugly. Pinnacle is beautiful, Bowman is a nice, clean design. Upper Deck is iffy--the Upper Deck Gold Hologram is tough to find but looks exactly the same, don't think it's worth the money.

If you want something from his rookie year--1996 Topps Chrome in a high grade is a good bet, or the 1996 Chrome Refractor. Beautiful card, tough to come by but is well over four figures at this point.

Just by typing these paragraphs I'm realizing just how many sets we had in the 1990s. I'd love to see Upper Deck get a license again.