View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 03:15 PM
Dave

Default Any info on this c. 1970's boxing set from Venezuela?

Ok, I picked these up a little while ago from a seller in Venezuela. A stack of unopened packs of which I've opened a few up. I've not seen these pop up elsewhere as of yet.

Seller thinks this was a 70's issue put out by Reyauca (a popular Venezuelan card producer of the time).

Fronts have pretty primitive artwork, but each pose and scene are unique enough I believe they are supposed to represent specific bouts and fighters, rather then some type of boxing instructional or strictly generic sports set.

Due to the language barrier, I was never able to get any other additional information from the seller. Most of these types of sets had albums produced for them, which might give some sort of information as to the intended subjects pictured on the cards.

Backs are blank.

I've pictured a few rows of random cards from the set and a couple of the original unopened packs.

Anybody see these before, or even better, have a checklist for them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BoxingCardsVenezuelaReyauca20Jan13A (2)rs.jpg (79.2 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg BoxingCardsVenezuelaReyauca20Jan13A (3)rs.jpg (76.7 KB, 99 views)