Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 01:32 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Greg, yes, I got that one yesterday, here's a link to an old thread from 2003 that I started, naively talking about T218 Tolstoi. It does seem that some of the track guys are easier to find, maybe just a coincidence. Hopefully, higher prices will bring out more cards to the market and we can all complete our sets. Rob

www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63361
We sure have learned a lot the last few years! Reading this makes me wish I could go back and pick them up for those prices. Congratulations on another one, I look forward to seeing your complete set one day.

I think each series was probably printed on more than 1 sheet layout, and that thus it's possible there are 2 levels of scarcity in the Tolstoi's. Jeffries, Gans and Langford seem 'common' among the boxers.

For the record and anyone else keeping track, here's what I have:
Leach Cross, W.C. Fielding, John Flanagan, Joe Gans, George Gardiner, Gissing, Harry Haywood, James Jeffries, Harry Jensen, Jack Johnson, W.J. Kramer, Smyth Northridge, Tommy O'Keefe, George Obermeyer, William Papke, Frank Riley, J.A. Ruddy, Harry Sedley Jr., Melvin Sheppard, C.C. Steinert