View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 04:39 AM
Hal T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Hal,

Thanks so much for picturing the pre-war items. It's something I always consider, but never do bite the bullet. If I did get into it I have no idea what items I'd collect, but the Old Judge are just neat items and I see you can't go wrong with Cracker Jack.

Can you elaborate on what all you collect? Looks like the focus is mainly bats; is that correct? If so, do you collect other bats from other teams?
Mark - As with most of us, I collect what I like. This includes more than just the Orioles. With respect to bats, it started with the Orioles HOF plaques on Eutaw Street near Boogs BBQ. Took one look at all the familiar players on the wall and decided to obtain at least one game used bat from their playing days with the O's. I do have other HOF'er bats, decal bats, mushroom bats, ring bats, etc.

I have a run of yearbooks 1954 - 2000 but the Hartzell covers are my favorites. James Hartzell drew the first Orioles cartoon bird.

I also have a run of team signed balls from 1954 - 1990. Pictured are some key Orioles baseballs with the '54 and '55 (bottom row starting on the left) having two players, Howie Fox and Tom Gastall who died during their playing days. In 1955, Fox was stabbed to death in a bar room incident and in 1956 Gastall crashed a small plane into the Chesapeake.

The metal Orioles Route sign hung outside Memorial Stadium and came from the City of Baltimore. The Mezzanine sign hung inside the stadium.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3573.jpg (74.2 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3556.jpg (75.2 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3501.jpg (66.9 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3625.jpg (74.7 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3626.jpg (73.2 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by OriolesHOF; 01-14-2020 at 05:18 AM.