View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 01:10 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Well we went around and around about it. I was pretty upset because I don't know of another and really wanted to see it go to auction. You never know what two guys will bid something up to. I think it may have gone to $2500 which was my guesstimate. They countered with something like $400 because it was out of a book and not dated, yadda yadda yadda. Plus there were two other tickets lost, a Mantle last homerun and a Roger Clemens debut in Cleveland which there were only 4004 people at. Negotiations went on for a while but I really needed the cash so I settled at something like $1200. But I made out better in the long run as they accidentally paid me twice.

Here is a scan of the Gibson 3K stub. Strangely enough he was only the SECOND guy to get there! Also pictured is the Perry 3K stub. Padres tickets stubs are not so easily found. I collect a lot of different baseball themes and there are certain cities that are very difficult to get tickets from.

If you are interested in the Perry shoot me a private email. I have a spare one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img072.jpg (79.1 KB, 440 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 04-26-2016 at 01:11 PM.