View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Jeff

Default 3k tickets

Luis,

I agree with Randall, I had a several proofs that I basically gave away. I also agree with his list with the addition of streaks, such as, Rose, DiMaggio and others, like Maris 61 in 61. The most popular is World Series and then All-Stars followed by 3k hits and 500 HR. PSA shows some nice collections (http://www.psacard.com/psasetregistr...ult.aspx?c=141). I have focused on 3k hits and 3k strikeouts. The most recent 15 can easily be collected in nice full tickets for less than $50 each, with the most difficult being Palmeiro and Biggio. Be careful not to get post-dated tickets (a lot of post-date Boggs and Molitor out there). Yaz stubs are easy to find for $25 and there are at least a few full tickets.

It then gets to be a little more difficult for the next two, Brock and Rose. Depending on condition, $50 to $300 for them. I do not know of any Brock full tickets and I know of 3 full Rose (see image below). The yellow PSA-3, and blue PSA-4 have been around for years. I picked up the green one recently and was real happy to get it (I believe is the finest of the 3). Kaline is a real difficult ticket to get (no full tickets known), I believe there are less than 10 stubs, and the prices have been as low as $100 up to $1k. Then there is Clemente. I can not figure out why Clemente are going for $800 to $1500, but they are. I have cataloged 26 of them and one as a full ticket (actually a coupon, which went for: $9,810.95 Seat #27-C-4: HTTP://SPORTS.HA.COM/C/ITEM.ZX?SALENO=7037&LOTNO=80034). This is one I have held off on, believing that it would drop. The population does not justify the price.

Then you have the real tough ones. Mays, Aaron and Musial. I have cataloged 7 Mays (one, a coupon just sold on ebay for $1,253), none of which are full. 8 Aaron, with one being a full ticket (I was lucky enough to pick up a stub recently along with a Kaline stub). Musial, 5 and no full, going for around $1k+.

Then you have the unknown ones (with the exception of the undated Speaker, see post #35). I have not seen or heard of any others, which is why I started this thread in the first place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rosefull3k.jpg (65.4 KB, 196 views)