View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 06:23 PM
Rob Sl@+kin

Default I was on the World Series Broadcast last night!...Well at least my photo was.

Right before the game started last night (Game 4), Joe Buck was talking about how the last time the Nationals were in the World Series was in 1933. A graphic came on the TV showing the front page of the Sports Section of the Washington Post from September 22, 1933 showing Joe Cronin and Clark Griffith celebrating going to the World Series.

I turned to my Fiancee who I am forcing to watch the games with me (she's bored mindless) and said that I have the original photo used for that front page from 1933. That peaked her interest a little bit... ("What's that worth???" Nothing Dear... go back to sleep.). I'm sorry I said anything.

Anyway, I hardly ever post photos from my personal collection, but I thought it would be cool considering it has been so many years since the Nats have played this late in the year, and they need some positive mojo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1933 Cronin-Griffith Win Pennant (Newspaper).jpg (79.3 KB, 549 views)
File Type: jpg 1933 Cronin-Griffith (Front).jpg (47.8 KB, 545 views)