Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 09:56 PM

Default thanks

Thanks all for the kind words…

Rob/ooo-ribay...Yes that Argentor catalog is from my library…you have a very good eye…it’s insanely rare…never seen or heard of another…got it out of Istanbul…I speculate many jewelery stores in Vienna and other occupied regions during WWII that had them were plundered and shuttered by the Nazi’s and few of these catalogs survive…I have four or five sports statues that are in it…Speed Ice Skater…Motorcycle rider…that swimmer…a wrestling group…and I think another I forget…

Matt/Kzoo…Agree…turn over every rock is my policy…

Jim H / jimtigers65...Last Sacramento fair was weak you didn’t miss much…I did a pre-arranged trade for this large color tinted 1925 yachting photo…I’m sure it was taken on San Francisco bay…but exactly where I won’t know till I can get time to research it…The Golden Gate Bridge was opened in 1937 and east of it the Bay Bridge opened in 1936…so this photo of the bay would pre-date both…I’m thinking that might be Alcatraz on the left and Mt. Diablo on the right in the far distance…to be confirmed though…the only other thing I got was a ski trail sign…crazy I know but may fit in good with my Alpine antiques…

Joe Hunter…thanks glad you like the 04’ Big Game poster…