View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default is an psa 8oc really a 7 ????

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

I've heard several discussions about this...not only about the OC designation, but also about the MK.

I just bought a 1940 Play Ball that is a PSA-7 (MK). It has an old, faded, very small ink stamp on the back which doesn't take away from the beauty of the card at all. I was delighted to get it at a basically PSA-6 price. I'm still surprised that the designation OC or MK (if they don't detract from the card's aesthetics) will lower the value/cost of the card...especially if the OC is regarding the back of the card being off-center. A noticeable OC front? Yeah, that might warrant a lower value in most cases, I'd think. I just don't know if there is a static "rule-of-thumb" that applies a direct "-1" to the grade.

My Play Ball PSA-7 and PSA-7 (MK) will go into a framed display right next to each other with a few other gems (possibly the two PSA-5 1951 Connie Mack's and maybe something else...a cool display of some nice later cards)... I'll never see the difference between the 7 and the 7(MK) and both are gorgeous cards.