View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 03:25 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

A few more photos:

Phillip Glass - probably the most reknowned American composer of the late 20th Century. He has composed both movie and Broadway soundtracks along with multiple symphonies and other works. He performs with the Phillip Glass Ensemble. Taken at the Harvard Coop in the mid 1980's.

glass-1.jpg

Ronnie Wood - He was signing his book 'The Works' at the Harvard Coop in 1988. He signed my rock book and most other items. He would make little sketches on index cards and sign them 'Woody'. I have a couple of other nice photos from this event. I like this because it seems a bit whimsical.

wood-ron.jpg

Jackson Browne - performed as some sort of fundraiser at the Strand Theatre in the Dorchester section of Boston. Late 1980s.

browne-1.jpg

Buster Poindexter aka David Johansen - He was having a free show on the Boston Common. It was a great location right on Charles Street across from the public gardens. I was able to get a great parking spot at the corner of Charles and Boylston Streets in the late afternoon. Pretty rare on a summer day. Pumped the meter until they stopped ticketing. Got there early enough to watch the sound check and get Johansen to sign some items. He was very friendly. Boy, has he changed. After sound check I got a couple of lawn chairs, blanket and cooler and being the first person there, picked a nice spot about 25 feet in front of the stage. My (first) wife eventually came from work and we sat and ate until it got dark. I was looking around to see how the crowd was and saw someone walking down one of the paths who was very familiar - Elvis Costello! I did not bother him, but just pointed him out. August, 1988 or 1989.

buster-1.jpg

David Crosby and Steven Stills - Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Concert Madison Square Garden. My ex Father in Law was president of MSG so this concert along with any others was a given. Since it was the whole family - mother in law, sisters in law and wife we sat on the side just above the walkway. It was also convenient as we got to eat in the private restaurant. They had hot dogs and the such all day so we only needed to walk in to get anything. My father in law knew I photographed and collected autographs, but was not really the friendly type - all business. He did take me backstage and said I could hang around if I wanted. I was allowed to come and go even without any pass. I would have preferred to get in the photo pit, but that didn't happen. I had to shoot from the walkway and since you weren't really allowed to stand there for long I had to take a few shots and move. This is one of the better ones from the show.

crosby-stills.jpg

A little change of pace. I don't just shoot concerts. South Pacific wildlife and flowers are also a specialty. This photo of a snowy egret taken in the botanical gardens in downtown Brisbane, Australia in November, 2003 won me a $4,000 photo printer from Fuji. I did not even know I was entering a contest when I sent a file to Fuji to get a print of this at the Photo Plus Expo in New York City.

snowy egret-1.jpg

Now continuing from the rock book

Roberta Flack - signed outsider Berklee Performance Center, Boston April 4, 1985
flack-2.jpg

Fleetwood Mac - Mick Fleetwood at Nighstage, Cambridge, MA February 18, 1989. He also gave me a signed drumstick
John and Christine McVie - Four Seasons Hotel, Boston. Did not note the date.
fleetwood-1.jpg
fleetwood-2.jpg

Flo & Eddie aka The Turtles - Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan. Signed at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, Gaithersburg, MD October 9, 2004. It is interesting that there is no Turtles entry in the book despite having many hits. I like their biggest Flo & Eddie song "Keep it Warm" much more that their Turtles songs. They told me they don't perform it as most people do not know it. Their keyboardist for this show was Myron Grombacher who played for Rick Derringer in the early 1980's. They introduced him during the show. I pointed at him and said "I know you, Rick Derringer!" He got a kick out of that and we talked after the show.

flo-&-eddie-1.jpg

Foghat - Roger Earl at the Channel Club, Boston, June 2, 1989. He also gave me a signed drumstick. 'Lonesome' Dave Peverett at his hotel in Braintree, MA. Date not noted. It was odd circumstances. I believe I was at the club to get him and his manager told me and my wife to go to the hotel and meet him in his room. Very nice guy. If you see Foghat these days, their lead guitar player is famous for another song. Charley Bassett was the lead guitarist for Wild Cherry. You can hear him playing, especially the intro, of 'Play That Funky Music'

foghat-1.jpg

Foreigner - Lou Gramm signed at this free music/celebrity expo sponsored by some radio station at the Bayside Expo Center, Boston September 27, 1997. I remember Jon Anderson of Yes also being there. Mick Jones signed at the Birchmere, Alexandria, VA September 19, 2006. His drummer was Jason Bonham.

foreigner-1.jpg

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 08-15-2021 at 03:16 AM.