View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 03:37 PM
Dave Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunhitter View Post
Agree! These are beautiful cards with or without tabs. If one comes my way with a tab and it’s priced reasonably , I’ll buy it , but man, the prices of tabbed ones , I’m not sure are worth it too me. (Meaning, I think I’m fine with just a complete set/run of the un tabbed ones for a fraction of the price.)
This is me. I'm down to only needing the 1955 Mays to finish all 4 sets. I would guess I have somewhere around 20% of the cards with tabs. All things being equal, I will pay a small premium for a tabbed version if I have a choice. I upgrade to a tabbed version what I can.

My only true card "find" of my nearly 50 years in the hobby was in the early 1980's when one of my dad's friends sold me and my brother his "childhood" collection - it was some 52 Topps, 53 Bowman color and 52 Red Man. Most all of the Red Man we got from Jake were without tabs - so that is what started me that way.

They are some of my favorite sets - the paintings are so colorful. And as others have noted, there really isn't an insanely priced individual card - though I'm finding I'm likely laying out a few hundred to get the Mays I need to finish my sets.