View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 02:05 PM
ThreadKiller

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
I think it is awesome! Canseco fans have been treated to him playing ball with several teams outside of the MLB ever since 2002. He has kept himself in great shape, and can still hit homers.
agreed...kind of a latter version of Minnie Minoso (appearing - professionally, at least - in multiple decades, minus the needles *injections* - no offense, of course, implied or otherwise) to Minoso fans out there, of which I am one.

some - many? - may disagree with my / your opinions, but...Jose - for better or worse - has always been larger than life in many ways: go out and make a few extra bucks, keep yourself in shape / the spotlight (again, for better or worse), but I cannot begrudge the man for doing what he's gotta do to make some extra scratch.

dude was a monster for a number of years 1986-91, 1994-1999 - tainted or otherwise - but I admire your (Tanner) passion for his stuff, and hope your relationship with Jose and his family continues...NOT even insinuating that you're a "stalker" of Canseco, but rather admiring your perseverance and ability to hook up with Mr. "ball off the noggin" home run misplay, and that you've kept it personal - and fun.

looking forward to seeing a few Canseco "pitching" originals down the road in your custom cards.

DS

Last edited by FourStrikes; 07-18-2016 at 02:11 PM.