View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro Auction Descriptions

Posted By: Doug Allen

Hey Jeff,

First of all I doubt if I am as educated or as intelligent as you....two cases in point #1 I sell baseball cards for a living and #2 I have no idea how you do those nice smiley faces...I still go with three key strokes :-> (is it that insert object button?).

Regarding your comments.....let me break down my responses to each of your phrases:

"Perhaps instead of discussing your puffery" - They are mutually exclusive...I can still "market" the cards as long as I describe them properly

"you could simply focus on accurately describing the cards you are selling and accurately indicating the alterations (excuse me, "preparation") you've done on them (or have been done on the cards prior to getting to you)." - I agree completely. We will accurately describe the cards we sell and detail any alterations that we have knowledge of. I actually believe we do that today as evidenced by the fact that we have minimal card grading complaints or returns.

"In addition, real damage to the cards should be disclosed instead of downplaying it in order that the bids will be higher. I've noticed that any failure to accurately describe card damage has been in downplaying, rather than overplaying, the damage. Must just be a coincidence. " - I agree we have at times fallen short on this point. We are making real changes in our process to avoid this in the future.

I hope this is responsive to your questions.

All the best,
Doug