View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 09:41 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post
I ran the rows again less the highest pop card in each (and took out #531 checklist from Row E in addition as it's also printed with the semi-highs) and got this:

-HIGHEST
A 70
B 21
C 24
D 21
E 24 ALSO LESS #531 CHECKLIST
F 32
G 23

The Row A 5x, Row F 4x and the rest 3x looks like it works for sure, it's just not confirmable really. The bottom seven rows may just be in alphabetical order starting with A and putting G on the bottom. Why certain rows have tougher cards in some areas may be a quirk of the distribution. I suspect one of the A rows (likely the top one as Topps often used edges of sheets to make subs that don' "fit") on the partial sheet was meant to be something else. That would have left us with a 4x * 3 + 3x * 4=24 rows setup likely as planned if all my math is correct. Why the B (Shannon) and D (Alomar) rows remain slightly less available is beyond me though but they seem to be tougher based on comments here, so I think a production issue still could have been in play.
I think your final hypotheses makes sense. We'll also never know for sure if sheets are different from vend unless we find another vend case running around. IMHO the 11 magical triple print cards is a lock