Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 08:21 PM
M@++ Cyganik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
What a complete clusterf*&#. Does anyone on Net54 know this Aaron guy? How long has he been in the hobby? Was he a known quantity before he started Crazy Uncle?
He worked briefly at Steiners before venturing out on his own. I would be curious to know why he left and what his co-workers thought of him.

According to his auction website he "has been an active collector since the 1980's"... so based on his age, he's counting his experience as a small child as a selling point toward his experience with baseball cards. I was born in 1985 and was opening packs as early as 1988, does that mean I have 5 decades worth of collector experience now too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I'm highly doubting this company is owned by anyone other than this Aaron guy. What "elite" group of collectors would allow this to continue?
That was my initial assumption based on what seems to be a one-Aaron shipping/customer service operation, but who knows. Might have some seed money from Collectors Universe or Steiner or some other higher up silent investor that wanted to make more direct money.

As much as Dave has been screwed by this, I'm wondering if Aaron's head is on a platter from some other silent investors who maybe helped him set up the auction with their own stuff and are getting screwed just as bad. There was a LOT of stuff in all of his auctions so far, which is unusual for a small start up auction house.