View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 10:35 AM
Kev1n @1les

Taylor,
I’m just getting back to this post so apologies for the late response. I really appreciate the offer. Mom has been in the process of doing inventory so I am hoping to have something soon. I will definitely take you up on the offer for assistance.

Grandpa died in early December. Uncle Roger’s comics had been there for years and he died from a hit and run incident in 2014. I went out a couple of weeks ago to help clean out his barn (he hadn’t been out there in at least 10 years) and we came across everything. I was hoping that he was a 30’s gum card collector since he was born in 1926, but alas, we only found the comics.

It was still really cool to go through - especially the stuff that he created. We got to read the original pitch and transcript for Omega Man 3 and see the origination of Lobo. It is very overwhelming. I thought that Heritage would want more, but they are really only looking at the high end stuff. So, we are doing a lot of homework and trying to understand what is in there. Since Grandpa built his house in 1957, there a lot to get through to get ready for the estate sale. So, the comics tend to be something that we know that we have to get to but it is lower priority as we are cleaning out closets, and barns, and garages (and I don’t think he ever threw anything away). She is targeting the end of April for an estate sale (not including the comics) so she is spending a lot of time at his house now getting it ready.

Very long winded way of saying - I appreciate the offer to help and I will take you up on it, but it could be another month to 6 weeks before I have good information to share.

Thanks!
Kevin

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set