Thread: Getting old
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 05:24 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
My daughter is 25, Son 22. Their generation is going to be just fine. Casey was 6 when she saw 9/11 unfold in hi-def at 9am. Her comment to me recently after 14 months of Covid was "my generation is tired of living through historical events". They know the previous and current administration are full of shit. They realize gender roles and equality can produce a beautiful respectful union. They also don't like corporate greed or lazy ass people gaming the system. They know being poor sucks but they also resent lazy folks on the government victim dole while they work so hard.

I've never seen a greater respect for working class and middle class ideals in a long time. I asked her how her people viewed the vaccine. She said "we don't want to be responsible for hurting people with our decisions, what's the big deal about getting another shot". So wise.

Her people also threw a generator concert this weekend outdoors under an LA overpass and 6000 people showed up complete with random fireworks. So did police helicopters and the 6 o'clock news. They all knew that if one single post went out on SM it could be traced back, not one electronic footprint from 6000 people, smart and impressive. I was so refreshed when she showed me the video that young folks still know how to have clean healthy fun.

I love their generation, they're smart, they know what's important, they know when you're full of shit cuz they've seen it early, and I'm excited to see what kind of world they make. I might be closer to death than birth but these kids make me feel young, my only job is to encourage them. Smiley face emoji.

As someone that falls into that generation, I think the biggest challenge we face is the barrier into the housing market. NY is all over the place, I'd kill to pay the prices my parents paid for a house 35 years ago, let alone the prices of a House 50 years ago. It can be a defeating feeling at times, right now I'm struggling with this.

I do remain optimistic though. I have to be, if not what else is there?

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.