View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Another PayPal Horror Story- Please Read

Posted By: tbob

I have read the various PayPal horror stories on this board, never thinking it would happen to me. Ka-thunk. If this is indicative of how PayPal is now being run I am outta there. This is so weird Rod Serling couldn't have come up with this. Here's the email I sent those bozos today. I offer this because most of use PayPal and I want my fellow collectors to be aware of the dangers of using PayPal. $170 is $170, not a fortune but enough to make your blood boil.

Dear Sirs:
When I went to the PayPal page today, I noticed a temporary hold placed on a transaction in which I was the seller and a Robert Worth was the buyer. I contacted your offices by phone and was instructed to email you. I sold two books to a Robert Worth on June 24th and he paid by PayPal. The books were shipped on June 25th by USPS and according to the delivery confirmation, he received the books on June 28th at 12:17 p.m. at Hempstead, New York. The books were shipped to his address at 175 Fulton Avenue, Hempstead, New York 11550. The delivery confirmation number is 03030130000283739738. The person I spoke with on the phone said that Robert Worth had informed PayPal that the credit card used was either stolen or the transaction not authorized. I find this very hard to believe. In the first place, the buyer received the books 40 days ago and I never heard a word from him until I looked at my PayPal account today. Second, both my account and his account are verified. Third, he received the books at his address and yet he never returned them if he had not purchased them. Fourth, I left positive feedback for him on eBay and he never questioned this or wondered why he was being left feedback.
This whole thing is truly bizarre. I have had over 5000 positive feedbacks on eBay and a feedback rating of 100%. I trust you will deny this claim, restore the money to my PayPal account immediately so I can continue using PayPal in the future. If this money is not restored I will immediately discontinue using PayPal. This is a joke. I was also told I received an email about this a few days ago. I did not. This was the first time I had any notice. How can someone bid on an item on ebay, send payment, receive the items, have positive feedback left, and then 40 days later claim he didn't buy the items. He never offered to return the books nor did he ever question why he was being left positive feedback.
Please correct this immediately.
Thank you.
Bob Marquette (tbob on ebay)