View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default Charity Auction - The Painted Turtle $6000! 20 mins left!

Posted By: Kyle

Hey Everyone,

As I was reading the 400+ post thread of madness, a random idea came into my head.

Wouldn't it be cool to see what type of collection could be developed if every active board member (or atleast those willing to contribute) donated/parted-with one card from their collection/tradelist/etc. worth atleast $10-$15. If 100 cards were received, wouldn't it be neat to see what was all in the collection?

Then I started thinking what would something like that be worth - 100 random vintage cards. No better way to find out than to auction it.

Then I thought, well what an even better reason to auction it off with 100% of the proceeds from sale were donated to a charity.

Would anyone participate in an endeavor like this if it was hosted by one of the large auction houses in which they offered to receive all donations, catalog and sell the "charity auction" in one of their upcoming auctions? Buyer would pay shipping, insurance but no premium. All donations could be sent in by a specified date, and perhaps acknowledgments of those who donated could also appear on the last page of the auction catalog, and if possible on the website.

It'd be pretty cool to see how many items would be sent in, and if a really generous collector would be willing to fork over several hundred dollars, or maybe a couple grand for the lot knowing that the money was going straight to a good cause.

-Kyle-