View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 04:50 AM
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4reals View Post
C-sheets are widely accepted as most difficult. When these were released in 82, current HOFers were still playing and not being hoarded by hof collectors which is a big niche. It wasn’t until the 90s that the hall of famer blackless cards started drying up. It is also speculated that many of the blackless that were collated into packaging were distributed in the Lansing area of Central Michigan with some finding their way west into the Grand Rapids area. With this in mind, I am of the opinion that Tigers fans likely tucked players from their beloved team away, not because they were blackless, just because it was their team, especially since it was just as they were ramping up to their 84 world series run. Many are probably collecting dust in a Michigan garage or basement. I would say C-sheet Tigers are most difficult, C-sheet HOFers are next and then C-sheet commons are on par with A & B sheet hall of famers. Since Jack Morris is a C-sheet Tiger and HOFer, collectors give him the title as most difficult because of the proverbial golden sombrero he wears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice data. The Detroit Tigres in C sheet are very desired, Hofers and no Hofers.