Thread: Legit Koufax?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Dan

No offense and I didn't mean to come off as peevish. I can understand the caution... especially if you are new to the hobby and the cards were switched up.

In my experience, many of the hologramed items on the secondary market have missing COA cards. It just happens because the cards are often not stored with the item. Just last week I sold a JSA certed ball and it took me quite a while to find the matching card to send to the buyer. If I was a little less diligent, I would have said the hell with it and shipped it off without the card.

Even further, I have found that holograms sometimes come off game used balls because they do not adhere well to a dirty surface.

Anyway, if a Steiner (or Tristar or Schwartz Sports or Mounted Memories) hologram appears intact, I'm not going to let a little glitch* worry me. The hobby has enough issues. The day I have to start worrying about the authenticity of Steiner material, it's means the fat lady is singing.

(*Now if we saw material that was grossly bad with a Steiner hologram, that is not something I would casually disregard. I'd start thinking counterfeiting was a possibility. To my knowledge, this has not yet happened.)
Thank you for your guidance. Hopefully, one day, I will have the knowledge to not be concerned about things like this.

Cheers,
Dan

Looking for anything Bagwell or Biggio. Also interested in Don Wilson, JR Richard, Jimmy Wynn, Glenn Davis, Mike Scott, Ken Caminiti, Cool Papa, Paige, and DiMaggio. Framed auto's are a plus. Also, any Type 1's of Josh Gibson.

"I had to fight all my life to survive. They were all against me, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."- Ty Cobb