View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 08:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
So now the hobby is up in arms about a baseball card being resigned by a player? If I'm following this correctly, the theory is that they postulate (without providing any evidence mind you) that a card was originally signed by Pujols in 2001, but that the auto must have been either streaky or faded, so they wiped it off and had him sign it again.

Really? This is what we're down to crying about now? A card that is actually signed by Pujols is somehow fraudulent if it was signed twice? Really? LOL. These guys are hilarious.
If the card is not as it was released by the factory, but is being represented as such, why is it so hard to see that is fraudulent? I think the hobby clearly differentiates between factory released autos and cards people get signed. Put another way, WHY did someone wipe it (if they did), get it resigned, and try to pass it off as an original factory card? To make more money by the deception is why.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-15-2022 at 08:16 PM.