View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 06:28 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjavic View Post
It’s been a while since I posted in this thread but I was fortunate yesterday to be able to purchase a friend’s longtime Eagles pennant collection. There are another 50 or so more modern style in the group as well. There was only one in the group that I didn’t have in my collection, but there will be a few condition upgrades too. As to the one I didn’t already have, it is the only example I have ever encountered as an Eagles pennant (I’ve seen other teams). This one is the pennant in the center of the first image with the player donning a blue jersey. The navy blue one is a very rare one too (only the 2nd I’ve encountered) as is the Joe Must Go pennant. This pennant was made in an effort to get the Eagles to fire the very unpopular head coach Joe Kuharick.
Wonderful acquisitions, Keith! Be sure to let us know if any of those will become available...

As for the one you did not have... I believe Football Rob has the same exact Pennant, but as a Rams version. And his is the only one I've ever seen as well.

Makes you wonder how they were distributed and by whom. I bet the super scarce ones were sold by street vendors outside the stadiums, as opposed to the commonly seen ones being sold at souvenir stands inside the stadium. Just a hunch with absolutely no foundation.

Last edited by perezfan; 07-17-2020 at 06:30 PM.