View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default ok....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post
Leon,
The color added to the "B" is from the pencil that made that hole. Actually, it looks like it could have been caused by a magnifying glass that burnt a hole rather than pencil mark hole. What ever it was, it goes through the card (like a pin hole). According to the person that submitted this card, SGC stated that it had pencil marks on the border. No other color was added, not even to the hat. Which was why I made the initial post. Again, I could see the argument if recoloring was done to make it appear better than it really was. Where do you think color was added in the hat area?

r/
Frank
So if the B to the left (as we look at it) of his cap is a hole, and now we know SGC said there was pencil added to the borders, then that is the reason. If you have chips out of a T205 border, they look white. If you take a pencil to them and make them look darker, then that would in effect enhance the look of the card, hence the AUT grade. That would be my guess......regards

edited to add- I thought the color was added to the big B to the left of the hat, not in the hat area (which was just done for fun) , but if it is darker looking because it's a hole then that dismisses that thought.

Last edited by Leon; 08-01-2010 at 08:56 AM.