View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 07:06 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
My collection is the exact opposite idea… the cards compliment the memorabilia….

I have player-endorsed gloves of the game’s greats (Ruth, Gehrig, Hornsby, Foxx, Ott, Vance, Collins, etc.) The gloves are displayed on easels, flanked by the endorsers’ Goudey Cards (from the same era).

Another example is the Harland Statues set, flanked by that player’s Topps or Bowman card. Same can be done with the 1963 Hall of Fame Bust Set.

There’s an infinite number of possibilities… Vintage Photos, Magazines, Programs, Scorecards, Line-up Cards, Autographs, Statues, Ticket Stubs… all can be complimented with a related card.

But to me, the mass-produced card is secondary to the rarer piece of memorabilia it compliments (even if the card is worth more money, haha).
Perezfan has shown his collection on other threads: the man cave thread, and I think one other. Its worth digging up and gawking at. I'm also proud to call him a fellow Reds fan. His hat collection.... out of this world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo