View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 09:15 AM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Hey Mike,

Love the bubble gum machine. I'm assuming that also dispenses cards with the gumballs? And are those real '56 Topps cards in the display windows that were to be given out? I've got a late '50s Baby Grand penny gumball machine myself, made of wood and metal, that originally dispensed '58 Topps cards with gum. Mine came with three actual '58 Topps cards in the display on the front of the section that held the cards for dispensing. Your machine looks to be be all metal though. Do you know it's actual year of manufacture, and who made it? Really cool item!
Bob, yes the machine does dispense both a gumball and a card for a penny. Those are real 1956 cards I display. I’m not sure what year the machine was manufactured but it is an Oak and is all metal.
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown