View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM

So this was the thread I pulled up via Google that got me to join this site.

There are a handful of us still out here with complete sets (plus some additional cards) that we all put together back in '91 after returning from the Gulf War. The trick was those of us in a relationship with another military member received enough cards to trade out for a complete set.

My wife & I (girlfriend at the time) put together such a set and promptly put it in a safe.

Fast forward Twenty Some Odd Years (damn...) to the age of FaceBook. I am a member of a FB group for our old Air Base (Myrtle Beach AFB, closed in '92). We have a thread that started out as a "remember when" kind of thing regarding all the activity surrounding the quests for complete sets. Turns out none of us have any idea how much these things are worth.

Apparently, from what I read, there are counterfeits floating around, I can pretty much guarantee that our set as well as the others that I traded with are legit. Is there something we need to do to prove they are legit? Other than all the stuff we saved (we actually saved all the wrappers and the gum, though I think and hope the gum was discarded or chewed back in the early '90's).

Thanks in advance.