View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 03:21 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

You are in a great area for good paper/stamp collectible shows. The April paper show in Boxborough has been cancelled, but they will probably have it again in September. You can sign up for an email notification. The stamp show is still scheduled for the Boxborough Regency July 24-26 which I believe is two weeks after the summer edition of Brimfield. Papermania in Hartford is also a great show. Usually the weekend before Labor Day and the weekend after New Years day. When I lived up there I would hit all of those shows and the Ephemera Society Show in Greenwich, CT. I found lots of great items. Many of the dealers will have signed items, but not value them as much. Some of the items I sort of wish I still had - Johnny Evers signed 1939 baseball cover, letter written by a Confederate General killed at Gettysburg in Picketts Charge, Nikola Tesla signed card, multiple documents signed by the Confederate General who gave Stonewall Jackson his nickname and was killed at the First Battle of Manassas, but that was just a phase of my collecting life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
The stuff I bought from that collection, and from the same dealer was pretty odd. I think that having odd items stamped or signed was his "thing"

Some of the autographs were a bit odd too. Not odd for the item, just people who probably didn't get many requests at all.
Like a 1986 All-Star game commemorative cover signed by Don Davidson the Astros travelling secretary. (Houston was the host city)

Stamp with a special cancel from the queen city stamp market... On a 1988 ASG Brunch buffet ticket.

Gehrig stamp and 1989 ASG cancel on... an Angels ticket envelope.

He had some nice stuff too though, like large ASG covers with multiple signatures of all stars that year.
He had a box of much better items, but nothing I could afford after buying stamps for a few hours.

I don't usually buy signed stuff for much, but I went over budget for a couple nice but not too expensive items, and a handful of just strange ones.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 03-28-2020 at 03:22 AM.