View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Val Kehl

(1) Absolute favorite pre-War card - I was going to pick one of my WaJo cards, but I can't decide on one. So, also being partial to cards of Virginia League players because I have lived my entire life in the Old Dominion, I chose the first E222 I ever acquired.

(2) Pre-War card with sentimental value - This is my first ever WaJo card, and, as best as I can remember, my first ever pre-War card. Bill Huggins traded it to me roughly 25 years ago, before he got into doing auctions.

(3) Favorite pre-War card valued less than $50 - No particular card comes to mind, so I chose a 1939 Paramount Clothes premium that is a companion to the one Leon showed earlier in this thread. The "S" on Vernon's jersey signifies the Springfield (Mass.) Nationals of the Eastern League, which was a Class A affiliate of the Washington Senators. Mickey Vernon (one of my childhood favorites with the Senators) batted .343 for Springfield that year, which resulted in a permanent ticket to the majors and a nice major league career.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E222 Hooker - front.jpg (77.9 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg E222 Hooker - back.jpg (79.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg T207Recruit-WaJo-front.jpg (51.3 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg T207Recruit-WaJo-back.jpg (52.1 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 1939 Paramount Clothes - Vernon.jpg (72.3 KB, 126 views)