View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 01:14 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Default A few of my favorites cards

I don't have a giant collection but still do have all of the cards I collected as a kid. These are a few of my favorites of all time from my collection. I think these cards epitomize a classic vintage baseball card and are some of the most attractive in my opinion. I have a few stories that go along with a lot of my cards. The 1954 cards were given to me by a lady I mowed a lawn for when I was a teen. We struck up a conversation about her bottle collection in her window and before I knew it I was holding a whole stack of 1954 Topps cards that belonged to her son. I had two of each of Ted's card and still have many other Hall of Famers from the stack. The 54 Bowman Mantle was also in there with some other stars and commons. It was just one of those once in a lifetime events I'll never forget. She was a super nice lady and treated me like a son. The other Mantles and Kaline I purchased out of the back of a dry cleaners near where I grew up. The owners son opened a small card shop in the back and sold his childhood cards to a few of us kids. He was into comics not cards and wanted the dough to buy more comics. Lucky for me he was quite a bit older and had some really nice stuff. I paid only a few dollars for them. Most of my vintage collection came from there and I gave him every penny of my yard mowing money each week for a great stack of cards. The Red Heart Mantle my Dad bought for me at Canton Trade Days for 50 bucks over forty years ago. It was my birthday gift. All of these were acquired in the mid 1970's before the card collecting boom hit. Just wanted to share a few of my cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mantles.jpg (51.2 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg williams.jpg (50.7 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg Jackie R.jpg (47.1 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg mantles 2.jpg (53.3 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg kaline.jpg (43.6 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg clemente and koufax.jpg (52.2 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 12-23-2020 at 05:01 PM.