View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 12:56 AM
Glyn Parson

This doesn’t make them unethical. So tired of people
Not understanding the process so they spout stupidity. In the holder their assessment was that it was not definitely worthy of crossing so they rejected it. Common sense would tell
A rational thinking person that it’s harder to see an entire card in a holder and since they can’t put it back in the other companies holder they have to error on the side of caution and only cross if positive it will cross. This isn’t unethical but smart business. It’s not their responsibility to cover for your laziness and it’s not their fault you don’t understand the process fully. But hey it’s net 54 so a good anti PSA conspiracy sounds like par for the course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Anyone who has been around awhile always knew PSA was unethical. Fact.

Many years ago, there was a 1948 Bowman Basketball low number find in an attic in Vermont. My buddy had been sending new cards to Beckett for years so he sent the find to Beckett. I did not care because they were razor sharp pack fresh. Over a couple years, I bought most in Beckett holders and slowly broke them out and sent to PSA. EVERY card graded with PSA and was usually within a half grade. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher in the new PSA slabs.

Here's the story.....at the end I got tired of breaking them out so I sent PSA my last 4 BVG 8's. Waited patiently and they popped one day! "did not meet min grade" which I had put down as 8 since they had been very consistent. I was mad. I called PSA and had them "admin hold the cards for re-checking".

2 days later they called, told me the head grader reviewed them, and sent them back to me. I basically paid about $160 at the time for PSA to look at my cards and tell me they were not 8s and they sent them back in the Beckett 8 holders!!!! $160 for NOTHING!

I was livid, broke all 4 out and resubmitted! Yes PSA is such a genius at getting our money twice. Take a guess what all 4 cards graded out as?

BINGO. PSA 8, PSA 8, PSA 8, PSA 8

Absolutely unethical and incompetent!

I knew they were 8s. Beckett knew they were 8s....... PSA had to get 2 rounds of cash to tell me that they were 8s!

UGH!

Mike

PS I have the 6th ranked Registry Set and the 3rd highest GPA due to this find. Highest grades were 9s. I only did it for the Registry! I wish SGC still had a registry! ugh

Attachment 469988. Attachment 469989

Attachment 469990. Attachment 469991