View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 05:01 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I have to think that the merged pop report is one step towards creating a working registry on the new site. They did say in their posts that the registry is coming back, but again, it's one of those famous "Check again Monday" situations that will probably drag on at least a year.

Here is the previous thread that was mentioned:
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=295258

Even 1960 Topps and T51 Murad College series were pretty screwed up, but I submitted about 30 corrections requests between the two and got an email later that night (on a Saturday) that they were all being forwarded to the maintenance team. Once they have a "valid" pop report, they can re-establish a valid set registry that actually works, IMO.

I never used the previous one, but the way the pop reports got merged, I have to think it was a lot of Garbage-in, garbage-out. They should reach out to members of the previous set registry for recommendations on how to clean up the pop report, and then the registry once the pop report gets relatively stable. It's a lot of work on both when neither has been massaged properly back into a proper shape.

I've got no skin in the game with SGC. But if they say they're going to work to make a registry, I think they will. There is definitely a profit incentive for them to do so, despite the registry not being a major determining factor of this 2019-21 investor market mainly going after key cards instead of sets.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.