View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 05:10 PM
Rob

Funny story...

I was due for an upgrade for my work phone, so standard policy is once you receive the new phone, you "open a ticket" online to return your old one back to corporate. We use Fed Ex shipping for this. So last week I open the ticket and receive the standard, "Fed Ex will pick up your phone tomorrow between 9:00 and 5:00 and will provide the shipping label etc" message.

So tomorrow comes and goes...and the next day...and the next day...all the while my old phone is packaged up, sitting inside my front door, ready to go. Finally yesterday, I think to myself I have to follow up and see what happened to the pick up...but I get sidetracked and never do.

Now it's today, early afternoon...I'm sitting on a call and I get pinged on Skype from an employee whose name I don't recognize. The message said:

"Hi Rob...I received a package from you with the wrong content. I actually appreciated it very much as I'm a Niners fan as well..."

I'm thinking who the hell is this and what is he talking about? Did I sell this person something on Ebay? Then he continues...

"I was expecting your old phone"

Then the lightbulb went off. I had bought a Niners pennant on ebay a couple weeks ago that had never arrived...or so I thought. Apparently it was delivered to my front door the day Fed Ex showed up and they mistook it for the package they were supposed to pick up. They just slapped a label on it without knocking and delivered my pennant back to corporate. Didn't leave a receipt or anything.

The guy was really cool and is sending it back to me via Fed Ex free of charge....but thank God I didn't order anything embarrassing. LOL

PS Marc...Nothing too exciting. Just their 1981 NFC West Champions pennant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49ers.jpg (76.6 KB, 293 views)