View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 09:17 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default Guaranteed to pass any third party authenticator

I don't venture over on this side very often, and my autograph knowledge is limited compared to those of you who actively collect autographs. I do own a few authenticated items and have studied those signatures on a case by case basis. However, I am considering embarking on a broader 1960s football autograph project and need some input. I am considering collecting autographed cards of Chargers players from the 1960s. Many of these players are not well known, and there aren't very many on ebay. Many of these cards are not authenticated by anyone but carry the statement "guaranteed to pass any third party authenticator." Is that good enough for you? I can't say that I would send them into PSA, JSA, SGC, etc. Part of me thinks that no one would go to the trouble to fake an obscure nobody from a 1960s football set and sell it for about $14. But I also know how some people think. Many of the stars come authenticated, but the lesser known guys who are already deceased are not, and it is fortuitous to find even one signed card by that person. It is highly unlikely to ever find an obscure player from the 1960s Chargers already authenticated. What do you think?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk