View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 08:48 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
Excellent. If you still have them, I have not yet confirmed the existence of the following Braves:

8 Mark Wolhers
35 John Smoltz
62 Rafael Belliard
88 Mike Stanton
198 Alejandro Pena
251 Mike Bielecki
475 Jeff Reardon
677 Charlie Leibrandt

Do you have these? Were any of the draft picks, multiple rookies/prospects or manager card included in the set?

I should have been more specific. The set (or group I had) were normal base cards only. It didn’t have the Chipper or the Klesko prospect cards, the Javy Draft Pick card, or the Cox (I think they were dual that year, like Cox and Cito Gaston maybe?) I can 100% verify the Smoltz as I displayed the Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux, and Avery together for years. The rest I am fairly certain were included, but they haven’t seen daylight since Christmas 93 or 94. I’ll also add that I don’t remember the McGriff and I think he had a TT card in 93. I still have them all packed away somewhere between my house, garage, storage unit, or at my father’s. I probably haven’t seen them in 20 years but if I come across them I’d be more than happy to send them your way.

As an aside, have you checked old shop at home videos? My Uncle who gifted them to me almost certainly got them from there. He was the other collector in my family, and his bricks of Classic Draft pick cards and unlicensed rookies were going to be his retirement. My closet in my youth was loaded with uncut sheets, plaques, and the usual HSN variety from him.