View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Default Plancich....Two Requests

Posted By: Robert Plancich

I used to become annoyed by these "hit & run" tactics but I have now just learned that this is "standard fare" when addressing the subjects of "experts" and "authenticators".

It's amazing how we collectors are supposed to believe that these individuals are automatically experts and that everything they say is true and/or everything they authenticate is real. They issue these LOA's/COA's and when you ask them for the documentation to substantiate their claim of authenticity you are summarily dismissed. It then becomes the job of the collector to prove that they are wrong. They are the experts and it should be up to them to prove that an item they say is resl, is real; not the other way around.

For example, I am supposed to blindly believe that Dave Bushing can actually tell if those are Ty Cobb's cleat marks on the bat and nobody elses! How does he know they are? What "extensive research" has he done in support of this claim? When is the proof? Then, when you ask him about it he refuses to provide one single shred of evidence in support of his claim. Am I being too unreasonable in my requests? Am I being unfair to Dave Bushing in any way? I have tried contacting him directly and he refuses to answer my emails - why?

I just don't understand.