Thread: Sim Baseball
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakoff View Post
From what I'm seeing on the site, it includes every player all time? Or is it just players in those seasons in which we play?

I've been in an OOTP sim league online for 15 years, have potential interest in this but don't really know anything about the product.

Also, how do you make roster moves, etc?
Great questions.

A league can do all players, decades, single season, franchises. It is very flexible. Based on a few comments, I suggest do one of two types of leagues to start us off. Either a decade league such as 1970 to 1979 or a single season. We can decide once we have enough players.

If we choose a auto draft, each owner selects players and can select a player and then rank them on the round they want that player drafted. So if I choose a 1975 Robin Yount and choose to draft him in round 3 and another owner selects to draft him in round 2, then that owner would be awarded Yount.

Or we do a manual draft. Each owner is allowed time to make picks. Once a player is drafted, he is off the table.

I suggest we do a manual draft with a few hour time limit for each selection. This makes it more fun and depending on how long each owner takes to draft, can be done in a week or less.

Trades are allowed, FA pick ups. Each week (I believe this can be adjusted), each team is given additional money for to acquire players.

I also play in a couple of OOTP online leagues, and have been playing for about 10 years.

Hope that all helps.

Tim