View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 08:49 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Early team issue photos do exist. Most of them are probably in collections now. In the 1990's I have 4-500 original team issue photos. I was buying singles and groups of them. I had a lot of Boston Celtics - multiple Russells, John Thompson, Satch Sanders and many early 1970's players, plus team photos. I was lucky enough to acquire a lot of pre-dynasty photos including quite a few from the 1940's to early 1950's - Virgil Vaughn, George Kaftan, Jack Garfinkel, Chick Halbert, Ed Macauley, Kenny Rollins, Bob Houbregs, Dick Hemric and Jack Nichols (Seattle Supersonics team doctor for many years). The ones from the 1940's were smaller than 8x10. I also had some Syracuse Nats - Schayes, Seymour, Rochester Royals team photos, St Louis Hawks - Macauley and Philadelphia Warriors - Hal Greer. Many of the HOFers were also easy to find as I had Yardley, Phillip, Howell and others. I had a few ABA also, mostly NY.

I wound up selling them all off piecemeal when I changed my focus. I am sure if you keep looking you will find them. Most dealers and buyers don't care about the ones that are not big names. I cannot see paying more than $10 for the average players like Archie Clark, Slick Watts etc. If you are looking in person learn what the older paper feels like. None of those team issue photos had glossy backs or any Kodak logo on them.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”